Wing - Ribs
I finished match-drilling the nose ribs for the right wing skeleton. Then I assembled the left wing skeleton and match-drilled--the same as the right. Finally, I deburred all of the ribs after match drilling--yes, more deburring.
Next, we need to prime all of the ribs and start riveting the main ribs to the spars. Yesterday, it was about 70° (F) here in Austin--perfect weather to paint. Today, it is about 40°--too cold to paint (especially the etching and rinsing with a hose outside part). I missed it by that much. I guess I can't complain. My fellow builders on the east coast saw -20° (F) a few days ago.
|Notice that I removed the main ribs to make it easier to get at the nose ribs. The left looks the same as the right.|
|And we are back to the original pile of ribs again, all deburred again, ready to be Scotch-padded, cleaned, etched, and primed. It never ends.|